Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dissection of Musical Tastes

Oh crap, I just found out that whenever I've been listening to music on my computer, even when using ear buds, my roommate could always hear it. >_>;; When I was playing "Vultures" by Glass Pear a little earlier, my roommate said "Did you get that song on iTunes?" since she played it for me to listen to earlier today. I did get the song after she played it (because it's a really catchy, yet mellow song) and I've been playing it repeatedly. Then I asked my roommate if she could still hear it while it was playing on the lowest volume (while I was still wearing the ear buds while they were plugged into the computer). She could still hear it. Then I asked if she heard everything I played, and she replied yes, and that I need to expand my musical tastes. >_>;; She even called my music "high-pitched Japanese crap"! ;_; A lot of it kind of is... but I like it, darn it! (Some examples of what I've been playing lately: "You" by Yuria, "Bouken Deshou Deshou" and "God Knows" by Aya Hirano, "Naraku no Hana" by Eiko Shimamiya, my usual Utada Hikaru library- and she does not have a high-pitched voice-, "Yakusoku" by Lia, "Shin Ai" by Nana Mizuki, "Rara Eve Shinseki" by ALI Project, "Chocolate Disco" and "Polyrhythm" by Perfume, the Clannad After Story OP and ED, both Lovely Complex OPs...yeah...) I feel like somebody who thought that they were alone while singing in the shower, then realized that there were other people in the shower stalls next to them. >_>;; I don't even want to imagine what my roommate thought that one time I played "Motteke! Sera Fuku" from Lucky Star...

2 comments:

deanbcurtis said...

I thought everyone listened to music from Lucky Star and Love Com? Live and learn, I guess. If your roomate thought those were high pitched, then she certainly wouldn't be interested in Shiina Ringo. Which is a shame, but people have their differences. Now, if she were to say anything about the character albums from Hidamari Sketch, well, them's fightin' words.

Katherine Hanson said...

lol Glad you agree.